Saturday, June 26, 2010

Well... Stephen broke his lower leg bones tonight!

Just came home from emergency. (Thanks Chandelyn for the picture!) Collision on bike! He was riding in the front yard and a friend got his pant leg stuck in the chain and accidentally collided into him as they were both going full speed.

Found out it broke into his growth plate of both bones in his lower leg. Very dangerous as it could affect the growth of his leg that was broken. One leg could come out shorter than the other in years to come. Seeing an pediatric orthopedic surgeon hopefully Monday.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully it won't affect this growth. Was it he riding with Gabe Calderon? I heared he hurt himself. So I figured he was the other boy in the accident.

I hope Stephen is doing all right!

Blessed Mama! said...

Yes, it was Gabe. Just an unfortunate accident. I feel sorry for both boys! I know they are both in a lot of pain tonight!