Thursday, August 14, 2008

Well what did we do on Thursday???

My oldest went with his best friend's family to the Police Department at 7:00 pm. He got a full-on tour. (His dad is a sargent.) He said when he left, they had to walk through the jail. There were really hard looking people in the cells. There was one man who had a bald head that was completely tatooed. He said the people in jail "stared you down" when you walked by. That was really uncomfortable for him. He was told to look straight ahead and ignore them. He even saw two women in jail. I asked if they were pretty. He said "NO!"

I was able to take advantage of this teaching moment by asking my son if there was a bad feeling he experienced as he walked through this jail. He said, "Yes!" I explained that that was the advasary. I brought to his attention the feelings he gets in church verses the feelings he experienced walking through this jail. They are both easily desernable when we are obedient. Which feeling would you rather feel throughout your life. What a great teaching moment. The Lord has his army, and Satan has his. Who's side will you follow? Who will you uplift and strengt
hen? "As for me and my house... WE WILL SERVE THE LORD."

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see what you are doing today. This is so much fun. I am so glad I get to keep in touch with you this way. Your boys look like loads of fun. Love ya, Melissa